flora+domas

There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort. ~Jane Austen

Monday, April 19, 2010

HI to WA

We're back from Kona! I will do my best to get pictures up tomorrow. We had...a lot to go through! So many duplicates, it's bananas.

In the meantime, here's a few photos of what I made for dinner tonight. This Asian Kale Salad is from Flying Apron's baking book. I used collard greens instead of kale. I couldn't find gomasio at the Viet Wah by our house, but I'm sure it's at Uwajimaya. Instead, I put extra salt on the pumpkin seeds and sprinkled black sesame seeds all over the thing right before serving. It was WONDERFUL.

My lovely friend Erica emailed me a recipe she tried recently and blogged about, a celery soup from Bon Appetit. I made a few adjustments: I used yogurt w/dill (thanks Erica, for the suggestion) and soy milk instead of the whipping cream. Fabulous! And it made tons, so Kip will probably be eating it for lunch all week.

3 comments:

  1. I was the project editor on the Flying Apron book--did you see my name credited? I took the author photos too! ;)

    Hope you guys had a great time in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get outta here!!! I do see your name on my lovely cookbook, on the inside flap and on the outside flap. You are awesome, Rachelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a fantastic collection of recipes. I'm so glad you are enjoying it! And oh my is that celery soup ever good... I'll be posting about it soon myself. :)

    ReplyDelete